In 2015 the Oncology Center opened in modern Kutaisi. It offers patients diverse services from Georgian and foreign doctors. An important priority of the center is to offer the best infrastructure, including an ISO-certified clinical laboratory, a high quality of treatment and result-oriented specialists.
In the patient clinic a wide range of services is offered, including:
- Radiotherapy - it is the first institution in the region with high-technology radiotherapy;
- Chemotherapy and hormonal therapy;
- Surgical interventions;
- Radiotherapy - irradiation of neoplasm with highest accuracy (submillimeter);
- Daily x-ray scans (IGRT) decreases the risk of possible side effects.
In the oncology center the infrastructure and equipment are in line with modern standards, including the TrueBeam radiotherapy system and the Clinac-iX linear accelerator (for irradiation of cancer-affected areas), both produced by Varian; intensity-modulated therapy (IMRT, VMAT) and radiosurgery increase the dosage for the affected tissue and minimize the impact on healthy tissues. The department offers 24-hour diagnostic services, including:
- Computed tomography (CT);
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI);
- Ultrasound studies.
The inpatient department of 50 beds has been active since September 2017. Operating rooms and intensive care wards have been equipped with modern technology. The clinic offers a wide range of surgeries, including:
Endoscopic (transurethral) surgeries in urology, using modern bipolar surgical blocks;
Oncological treatment of patients;