The Evex network provides both in-patient and out-patient pulmonological services. The clinic has extensive experience in diagnosing and managing acute and chronic respiratory diseases.
Pulmonological services include a full range of diagnoses and therapies for acute and chronic diseases of the upper and lower respiratory system.
The department of respiratory diseases is the only specialized unit in Georgia, which manages patients of both pediatric and surgical profiles. It involves bronchology, diagnosis of pulmonary and extrapulmonary tuberculosis, and differential diagnosis. It includes the following diseases:
- upper respiratory tract infections, such as: acute tonsillitis, acute sinusitis, acute laryngitis and tracheitis, acute obstructive laringitis and epiglottis, stridor of different etiology;
- lower respiratory tract infections, among them: acute bronchitis, acute bronchiolitis, pneumonia caused by various pathogens, necrotizing pneumonia, pneumonia with pleural complications;
- disease accompanied by lower respiratory tract obstruction: wheezing, asthma;
- interstitial lung diseases: interstitial lung disease in children – acute interstitial pneumonia, lymphocytic interstitial pneumonia, diseases caused by surfactant gene mutations, etc.;
- respiratory disorders during other diffuse injuries: rheumatologic lung disease, sarcoidosis, pulmonary hemosiderosis, Goodpasture’s syndrome, Wegener granulomatosis, alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency, cystic fibrosis and ciliary dyskinesia;
- respiratory diseases accompanied by nervous system disorders;
- pulmonary complications related to immune disoders;
- bronchopulmonary dysplasia;
- lung collapse;
- diagnosis of pulmonary and extrapulmonary tuberculosis, differential diagnosis.